At Newark Airport Car & Limo Services, we want to make sure that people are as safe as possible when traveling internationally. The best way to avoid any major issues is by keeping an eye out for the travel advisories. This is something you should absolutely pay attention to before you take a trip internationally as you want to be aware of any dangers that you may face, especially since international tends to be more dangerous anyways. This will help you find the latest information on travel advisories as well as why it’s so important to read up on them before traveling.
About Travel Advisories
One of best resources that you can check out is the official United States Department of State travel advisories page. This page has a regularly updated list that clearly discusses the level of threat that travelers will face gong to this area. There are 4 levels listed on this page: Levels 1-4:
- Level 1: Exercise normal precautions. This is the lowest level of precautions and mean that there is no more danger than the typical risk of international travel.
- Level 2: Exercise increased caution. This means that you need to be more cognizant of potential threats.
- Level 3: Reconsider travel. This means that there are serious potential risks of traveling to this location and that you should reconsider your trip to the area.
- Level 4: Do not travel. This is the highest level of threat, meaning that your life could be in danger traveling in this location. If something happens, the United States may have limited capacity to offer you assistance if you need it while in these level 4 locations.
This should be one of the first places that you check out before you take any international trip. Here is a breakdown of how they assign the levels.
- Crime: Any widespread organized or otherwise violent crime that may be present in some parts of the country. Local police may not always be able to respond to any serious crimes.
- Terrorism: There are specific terrorist threats or attacks against civilians and other targets in the area.
- Civil Unrest: Any political, religious, ethnic, and/or economic instability could lead to violence and potential safety risks.
- Health: Health risks like current outbreaks of serious diseases, can lead to a higher level due to the potential risks of getting sick and bringing the illness back into the country.
- Natural Disaster: A potential natural disaster or the aftermath of one can potentially be dangerous.
- Time-Limited Event: Short-term or limited events like sporting events, elections, and other incidents can lead to potential safety risks.
- Other: This is a category for various other risks, so it’s really important to closely look at travel advisory to learn more about the specific warning.
- Kidnapping/Hostage Taking: Terrorist groups or other criminals have threatened to kidnap people to kill or take hostages in exchange for something as their condition of release.
As you can see, there are good reasons why travel advisories are in place and why they should be followed.
Another excellent resource to check out for travel advisories is the CDC, especially if you are concerned about your health.
Why You Need to Know About Travel Advisories
One of the first things that you should know is that the travel advisory typically is confined to certain areas while the rest may be perfectly fine for travel. Still, keep an eye on the travel advisory and definitely consider it before you travel to any destination. If you haven’t yet booked your trip but insist on going to an area with a higher threat level, it can be a good idea to invest in cancellation insurance to keep you protected if you choose to cancel your flight after the fact.
Are you already in a place where a travel advisory gets put into effect? In that case, you may want to plan a flight as soon as possible if you are able to leave. Travel insurance can help protect you if you need to cut your vacation early, helping you recoup some of the losses as long as they meet the criteria of your reasons for leaving the trip.
The previously mentioned websites offer the most accurate and up-to-date information about travel advisories across the globe. You need to visit this site before you plan your trip to make sure that you are safe. There are always threats that you may face when you travel internationally but, in some areas, you may be targeted specifically because you are a tourist. The last thing that you want to do is go to the place where you don’t have access to an embassy that can help you in case of emergency. You don’t want to be stranded without this help.
Sometimes people decide to travel despite the travel advisories, whether it’s because they think it’s fine or they have to travel there for work. If that’s the case, there are some things that you should do. The first thing that you should do is to register yourself with the government so that they can reach you in case of an emergency. You should also leave an itinerary of your plans when you are traveling and regularly check in with your loved ones. This way they always know where you are supposed to be in case they can’t get ahold of you.
Always prioritize staying informed, following the news on your phone to ensure your safety wherever you are.
Contact Us Today
Traveling can be stressful enough, especially when traveling internationally. That’s why Newark Airport Car & Limo Services has made traveling to and from the airport a less stressful experience by offering professional airport transportation services. Our online booking system makes booking your airport car services easier and you get the benefit of luxurious comfort and professional drivers when you trust our company for your needs. We have a significant fleet that helps us accommodate various traveling situations, whether you are traveling by yourself or with a group. Check out our website to learn more about our services and how we can help you.